Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Likes

My Friday likes today:


Eagle Fibula: gold, enamel and sapphire circa 1000


A favourite artefacts website this one, belonging to photographer Genevra Kornbluth.  There are so many interesting and beautiful things to browse.Genevra Kornbluth  The terms of use for the photographs are set out in the website.

2. When I'm writing, I will either chew gum or indulge myself with the occasional Yorkshire Mixture.  These are small boiled sweets that come in a variety of flavours - raspberry, blackcurrant, orange, lemon, lime, barley sugar, pear drop, aniseed, cough sweet, mint, pineapple.  There's something for everyone! Yorkshire Mixtures

3. Sookie Stackhouse.  I'm just in the middle of reading the last book in the series Dead Ever After.  They were recommended to me by a reader friend in the USA well ahead of the TV series hype.  Although I write historical fiction, or perhaps because I do and need a break, I often tend to read outside my own genre, and I've thoroughly enjoyed this series by Charlaine Harris.  It's pure entertainment.  I'm not even going to call it a guilty pleasure because it's not.  I've loved the journey.  I really enjoyed Wolf Hall; it's a five star read, but even so, I preferred Sookie!  Not keen on the covers, but that doesn't matter!

No comments: